The next 'Wonderful Women: Minding Our Own Business' is scheduled for 23rd January. Join our facebook event to see the details.

The change of name

Originally we were called 'Wonderful Working Women', mainly because I love alliteration. However it always sat a little uncomfortably with me. We don't call male business men 'Working Men'. Therefore I found the title 'Working Women' a little patronising. Aside from that, it invokes images of prostitutes.

The new name came from a brain-storming session which ended up looking like this:
So, we are still 'Wonderful Women', but we are no longer working women, we are minding our own business (or businesses). I like the double meaning, and the ironic twist, and now feel much better about our name! Hope you agree!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I never really liked the first name for the same reasons it just didn't seem right even though of course we are all absolutely wonderful. But I do definitly like the new name and its double meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I hadn't thought about the call girl angle! I love the new name though. Can't wait for meeting number 3.

    ReplyDelete